“The most important journey of our lives doesn’t necessarily involve climbing the highest peak or trekking around the world. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” -Oprah, What Oprah know’s For Sure
Welcoming a NEW year, but definitely not a NEW me… honestly, I like the Ciara I’ve grown to be! I can say that this year I plan to grow through new and different experiences, take on new opportunities and continue to become a better me! When I created my vision board, I also wrote down my top 17 goals for 2017… now be mindful that these are not my career goals, nor ideas about how I’ll really make moves this year. I was serious when I said I truly believe you can’t share your visions with everyone! Nonetheless, the 17 goals I have no problem sharing with the world are things I’m positive no one can take from me! Enjoy and maybe you can add a few to your list of 2017 goals.
- Sip Joyfully! No…I’m not talking about drinks here! However, when you sip a drink you have the opportunity to enjoy the flavor and you’re at least given the illusion that it will last a tiny bit longer. My plan this year is to enjoy the special moments as they happen… no rush, I’ll just sip!
- Sow the seeds I want to see grow. This year is all about seeing more growth–personally, professionally and in my faith. Will it be easy? I seriously doubt it, but my goal is to take my time sowing, believing that there is a plan for each seed and trusting that He’ll see it through.
- Seek direction: I have a billion plans jumping around in my head and clearly I won’t be able to sort them all out alone. This year one of my daily prayers is for guidance. You can’t be great alone and you definitely can’t do it without direction.
- Take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. Opportunities come and they go, but if you let them all pass you by you’ll never know live up to your true potential. This year I’m taking every opportunity no matter how scary they may seem!
- I will not waste words on people who deserve my silence. Simple, but petty enough… I just can’t continue to let people consume my energy. Some will end up on the block list, others just won’t receive an answer and then you have those I will have to kill with kindness. Either way I will not give way to negative energy!
- “Once a year go someplace you’ve never been before”-Dalai Lama… this goes on my list every year and so far, it’s worked for me. I never know where I’m going, but trust me when I say my bags will be packed, passport is on standby and if I have to get behind the wheel for a road trip–I’m down! This girl is going somewhere!
- Speaking positive thoughts. This year I will continue to speak positivity over my life.
- Dare to Shine: This year even if get’s a little dark… I plan to shine in all aspects of my life!
- Conquer the field: Life is like a game… I mean pick any game you like and just think about how it ends. You will win some games and others you may lose, but there’s always chance to play the game again. I saw this question in a magazine, “Do you think I’m going to crack under pressure or conquer the field?” Well this year I plan to conquer the field–no pressure!
- “Listen to your heart…it knows everything.” -Paulo Coelho: My heart is tricky! She is always confused, but I do feel that deep down she has an idea of what my greatest desires are… my heart knows my passions and passion always leads to happiness. This year I plan to listen to my heart a little more.
- I will not let the fear of failure consume me. This year I’m daring to dream (I honestly always do…), but this year the thought of failure will not consume me. I always say failure is not an option, but I would be a liar if I said I didn’t think about what would happen if I did fail or if MY plans didn’t work out…and sometimes those thoughts can control how I move. This year…I’m not having it!
- Be somebody who makes everybody feel like somebody. My goal is to stay true to myself…continue to make others smile and always treat everyone how they deserve to be treated.
- Push myself: This year I plan to push myself to go harder and be a little more disciplined in several areas including the smallest area like drinking more water! Anywhoooo with so much on my vision board if I don’t push myself who will?
- Make time to do the things I love. Last year, I spent little time blogging, I didn’t go to the beach as often as I would have liked and a few other things that I enjoy doing didn’t happen. This year I plan to enjoy the little things and make time to do the things that make me happy!
- Accept the unexpected: A few experiences taught me this in 2016, but this year I am definitely welcoming this frame of mind. Everything doesn’t have to be planned and sometimes the unexpected things will knock you off of your feet. This year I’m ready for the unexpected.
- Finish Strong: I put this quote on my vision board for several reasons. I can’t explain all the details…just know I’m expecting nothing but GREAT things this year. I’m ready for 2017 to BLOW MY MIND!
- If I don’t do anything else this year… I will definitely be spending all 365 days CHASING THESE DREAMS! I hope you’ll do the same!
Live the life of your dreams… and remember you have 365 new days to make it happen. Happy New Year! #TheYearofGROWTH #TheYearofWINS
Leave a Reply