“If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is ‘Thank you,’ it will be enough.” -Meister Eckhart
Thanksgiving is near, so I was thinking of ways to write on being grateful and I was stomped…Crazy right? While reading the Gratitude section of Oprah’s What I know For Sure, I was introduced to the idea of a gratitude journal…for a decade Oprah journaled each day about 5 things she was grateful for. Honestly, I just can’t see committing to a journal right now and that’s how I discovered gratitude lists. For me, a gratitude list seemed like the best option! The purpose of the list is to serve as a reminder of all of your blessings.
I haven’t really had an issue being grateful this year. Every time I glance at my vision board and measure my growth…I realize how I’ve been blessed beyond what I ever imagined. However, I still decided to take a shot at creating a gratitude list since this month is all about being thankful! And honestly, you can never have too many reminders.
Here’s my Gratitude List… 10 Reasons why I’m thankful:
- I’m thankful for grace and mercy…and His plan that always prevails over mine… If you know me…you know when I get frustrated with my plans, my favorite line (which my daddy hates) is “I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.” Thank God I haven’t had to cross too many bridges without plans. Sometimes, His plan requires us to just Be Still.
- I am thankful for my family,friends and mentors who serve as the greatest support team. I have the best support team hands down and for this–I am very grateful.
- I’m thankful for my car Shorty who has always been a rider. No seriously, shorty is a rider…she takes a lick and keeps on going. Everybody isn’t blessed with a car like mine.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to do what I love Monday through Friday. Even when my show doesn’t go as planned and a glass of wine is needed to close the night…I honestly enjoy what I’m doing and most people can’t say that about work!
- I am thankful for good health. I don’t take my health for granted at all.
- I am thankful for learning the optimist’s creed…and it’s definitely worth repeating once a week. “Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind…” (Thanks Sonny!)
- I’m thankful that I’ve learned to let go. Somethings just aren’t worth holding on to and it has taken me a while to grasp this concept. Life is less complicated when you learn to let go.
- I’m thankful for the lessons learned this year. 2015 and the thought of 25 scared the LIFE out of me! I was driving myself crazy each day my birthday creeped a little closer. I just didn’t feel like I was where I planned to be before 25. I’m only 5 months in, but 25 has been one of my best years…I’ve traveled, I’ve surpassed goals, love would be nice–but theres no rush. In fact–25 has been so good to me…I think I’ll just stay 25 forever!
- I’m thankful for every experience that has humbled me…because sometimes you never realize how much humility helps in life.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for personal and professional growth as well as opportunities that continue to present themselves. When you have an open mind about life’s possibilities, it makes living a life filled with purpose so much easier. For that–I’m so thankful.
Now that you read my list, make your own and then post it where you can see it when needed. Don’t forget to share your list with me!
The heart of the matter is that there is always a reason to give thanks. Don’t take the little things for granted!
Leave a Reply